Monday 6 April 2015

My Other Mistress

I haven't posted a whole lot of newly-painted miniatures lately. I have been painting, but the Quar Cavalry I'm working on are taking quite a while (they better... at >$50 for the squad, I want to get my money's worth, and I don't want to do a shabby job)... but I also have another mistress that's taking up a lot of my hobby time.


What you're looking at is a 250-class quadcopter (or drone, or UAV, or r/c copter) with my transmitter and FPV goggles. What all that means is that eventually, when I get good and comfortable with flying it, I will be able to start zooming around and possibly racing like you see here:



I'm still very much a noob at this, and a loooong way from being able to fly like what you see in the video above. Still, with the weather getting nicer, I'll have time for more practice, and I get more capable and comfortable every time I fly.

I built the quadcopter from parts, and that alone has been a huge learning process. The technology is still in its infancy, but there are dozens or hundreds of options available for each piece, and they all interact differently.

Wheee!
So there's that. I haven't quite figured out how to combine quadcopters and miniatures into a fun hobby, but if I do I'll post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment