Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Vanguard Of A Big, New Project

Before Christmas, I finished all the minis I had on hand that I was interested in working on, and started casting about for a new project to inspire me. One idea was to start building a Wild West board and put together some posses to fight over it - and I haven't really put that idea away yet, I still think it would be a lot of fun. But around that time I picked up a copy of Skirmish Campaigns: Red Devils Of The Orne, and I started getting excited about putting together a force of British / Canadian paras. At some point I got it into my head that the right thing to do would be to buy and paint everything I need to run the first two campaigns in the book, and so a new project was born.

I have a (reduced) platoon of paras to form the core of my force, and several of the scenarios call for para jeeps that are used essentially as mobile MG platforms. I ordered a couple jeeps with the rest of my paras, and they are the first part of the force to get painted. Lots more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment